Sunday, May 29, 2011

154

In this altered canvas, on the bottom right is a picture of my first home, if you don't count my mom...
The compass symbolizes the direction I am always seeking,  and the angel, my dear daddy, who will
forever look over me and my babies as we journey through this plane.

154

Altered Canvas Collage
Inspired by a life once lived:
154 Horseshoe Drive

Looking for direction, seeking a key to the puzzles of my past, powered & inspired by the loving wings of my guardian angel.

How to make an altered canvas
This canvas was created by using an 8x10 pre-wrapped canvas from Michael's.
If you wait they usually have a sale a couple of times per year and you can get a bundle for cheapsies.


  1. Paint or somehow put a base coat of gesso etc. on your canvas
  2. I then covered this one with dictionary page words which went with the thoughts behind this canvas
  3. Altered canvas was then Mod Podged with home made watered down white glue
  4. Added some color with Tim Holtz Distress Stain
  5. Embossed Tattered Angels Compass Stamp
  6. Embossed 154 with Tim Holtz Distress Emboss Powder
  7. Added embellishments
  8. Distress inked a bit here and there
  9. I always add a personal note to the back of my canvas as there is plenty of room for thoughts
  10. Give to #3 who fell in love with it  
Loved, loved, loved making this altered canvas
Art is the best therapy of all my friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment