Monday, March 30, 2015

Simply Shabby Junk Journal

 Simply Shabby Junk Journal

I made this for a friend who just had 2 grands this year, her firsts!


Upcycled from a .50 cent thrift store find.  It is a  small 3 ring pleather  binder, in pink.  The front had a date embossing, from 2012!  That had to go.



This little guy on the front is from Creative Scraps, Altered Fairies @ (www.heartwarmingvintage.com), don't you just love him?


A little coffee stained seam binding always makes the world a better place.
The front and inside covers are made with the sweet Prima DIVINE A4 paper pad.

I adore, must have, need to attend a 12 step program for my Prima paper addiction.

(My name is Christy and I own 3 or more Romance Novel Pads in each size available) and worry I may run out someday, and want to get more just in case...


The journal has a repeating set of pages.

The floral (first) page was made from some "printable wedding card stock" with pre-scored folds.  I cut half on one side out and machine sewed the remaining bottom flap at the bottom and side to make a pocket page.  


I then sewed two of these together at the top and bottom to make a page with pockets on both sides and a slit in the middle to hold the purple picture file folder (below).  The tabs are the same Creative Scraps, Altered Fairies (www.heartwarmingvintage.com),




The next page was made out of a piece of velum which was edge punched on one end.  The velum was glued together to make another pocket.  My friend is not a paster of pictures, so I made lots of pockets with journaling tags.
Also smattered in some Tim Holtz Wallflower Papers, can you find them?


All the fussy cut vintage children and the little bluebird are from Creative Scraps, Altered Fairies (www.heartwarmingvintage.com),



I also added in some laces and trims from my stash, as well as some vintage images from the internet.



K & Co. Ephemera also wandered in...



Along with some vintage german scraps from my stash. 


Found the cutest little wee envelopes on Ebay, from China I believe

The envelope holds a little journaling card and is held in place with some 
Tim Holtz ruffled elastic.






Two more of those wee Ebay envelopes
 One for each Grand with a place to note when they should read what is inside
 and... a place for writing What I love about you, which is probably way too small :-).

Posting video on Youtube:

Enjoy!
Christy


No comments:

Post a Comment